Horizon Petroleum plc (the “Company”) (TSXV: HPL) announces the results of its annual general meeting of its shareholders held May 5, 2015, including:
- re-appointment of Yogeshwar Sharma, David Winter, Charle Gamba, and Derek Aylesworth as directors of the Company;
- re-appointment of KPMG LLP, chartered accountants, as auditors for the ensuing fiscal year;
- the Company’s 10% rolling stock option plan was approved;
- continuation of the Company from Jersey, Channel Islands, to Alberta, was approved; and
- the proposed name change to “Horizon Petroleum Ltd.” was approved.
Each of the matters was approved by at least 99.9% of the votes cast. The full text of the matters considered, including the changes to the Articles, are set out in the Company’s information circular prepared for the AGM, as filed under the Company’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Immediately following the AGM, the directors re-appointed the following officers and others:
Yogeshwar Sharma as Chairman of the Board (non-executive)
David Winter as Executive Director
David Robinson as CEO
Darren Moulds as CFO
As per the most recent quarterly filing by Horizon, the Company is currently evaluating a number of opportunities in West Africa, including having recently submitted a proposal for the farm-in to a producing field within onshore Cameroon. The Company expects to be in a position to release further information on the farm-in opportunity sometime during the current quarter.
ON BEHALF OF HORIZON PETROLEUM PLC
Interim Chief Executive Officer
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.